1. It takes time to Make anything in Life: So learn to fight beyond a day, beyond a month, beyond a year. Whenever you believe in something, keep being at it. Rethink where you must, change what you must, but dont give up at the first instance of strife. Granted, whichever second or third or fourth venture you set out to do, you’ll still need patience.
2. Life is more about how you relate with people than anything else: Fight to be the most competent, work the best you can, offer your heart out, study to the best level you can BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY, create relationships with people. Respect those ahead and behind you. You may imagine you know so much, the truth however, is that with every sunshine, there are lessons. And many have seen way more that the brilliance of your moment.
3. Prepare yourself to Sit at the Table. Corridors don’t like strangers. So learn your way to take your place at the table and belong. Don’t ever doubt your ability when opportunity happens. Nothing ever happens by an accident. Remember, when you appear like you don’t belong, you could as well be on your way out.
4. Pay attention to Small things: Rarely are people toppled from grace by great incompetence or great transgression. It is the small things. Say hi to your tea girl. Edit an email a third time. pay attention. Say no to small pride. Do small roles to perfection.
5. God: He actually works miracles. Try Him!